Friday, September 15, 2017

Sunny Lake

Sunny Lake      6" x 6"     Pastel       ©Sheila Ashley Liston
Available $75


DAY 15 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge, September 2017

Well, I made it to the halfway point today. It was a pleasant day to paint outdoors. My husband and I visited Moebius Nature Center, where I painted this view of Sunny Lake Park . Part way through I realized that my glasses were safely tucked away in my purse in the car. What you see below is how the painting looked when we left there today.


When I got back to my studio and examined it with glasses on, I determined that it needed to be cleaned up and a few minor changes. Can you see what I changed?

Moebius Nature Center is a beautiful property on Mennonite Rd in Aurora, named in honor of Ruth and Art Moebius, long-time residents. The Moebius' donated many acres of land to the city and were deeply involved in environmental conservation. Check out their website at mymnc.org for details about the many programs and events held there throughout the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment