Saturday, September 2, 2017

Marsh I      5" x 7"    Pastel      ©Sheila Ashley Liston
Available $65


Day 2 THIRTY PAINTINGS IN THIRTY DAYS September 2017  #30paintingsin30days


With a color palette of blues, browns, and a touch of lavendar, I found a fun approach to a simple subject. I was experimenting also with the type of surface that I had tried before with no success. This time I found that the suede surface seemed to work well to hold soft Sennelier pastels. The harder Rembrandts didn't adhere to the surface as well previously, resulting in a less than exciting result.

Bogs and marshes seem to call to me with their winding paths of water that reflects the sky's color perfectly. The marshes near the ocean are interesting with an occasional boater paddling through. The protected wetlands near me in Ohio, are a wonderland of colorful wildflowers and birds, especially in July and August.


No comments:

Post a Comment