Thursday, September 21, 2017

North Chagrin Reservation

North Chagrin Reservation       6" x 6"      Pastel        ©Sheila Ashley Liston
Available $75



Day 21 of Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge, September 2017

This is slightly upstream from Sulphur Springs in the Cleveland Metro Park System, North Chagrin Reservation. This photo was taken in late October when many leaves were down, yet there were plenty left, to create a blaze of golden light as the sun shone through at noon. The creek bed was almost dry with only a trickle of water and covered with leaves.

 Reflections, no matter how slight, have become a reminder to me to linger for a while, and take in the beauty around me. This particular park is a comfortable, peaceful place for me.  Reflecting on this 30 day project, I didn't expect to learn so much about myself and my art.   It has been exhausting on a few days, but exhilarating on the others. This Challenge has no rules or competition, or even any monetary prizes for best of show. The Challenge is in the commitment to one's self. It's nice to know that I'm not alone, with hundreds of participating artists worldwide. I will share a bit more of this whole experience at the end of the month.
A few progress photos....




No comments:

Post a Comment