Saturday, September 2, 2017

Glade Creek Grist Mill    8.25 x 6.5    Pastel     ©Sheila Ashley Liston
SOLD

DAY 1 of THIRTY PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS September 2017        #30paintingsin30days



Glade Creek Grist Mill at Babcock State Park is in West Virginia. My husband and I enjoy photographing and painting this mill in every season. ( Look for the fall painting on this blog soon). This day was a result of rain in the area for a few days. The water spoke in a thundering tone, throwing a mist into the air that threatened the camera lens. 




This shows the early stage that I was not happy with.  I was able to remove some of the pastel with a brush.  With a bit of re-work, I darkened some areas and increased the lights of the water to add to the contrast.  It seemed to take on a different feel altogether. Putting the beginning stage aside for a bit, seemed to help determine what really needed to be done to make a stronger painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment