Friday, September 8, 2017

Great Falls of Tinkers Creek


Great Falls of Tinkers Creek     6" x 6"    ©Sheila Ashley Liston
Available $75

Day 8 of Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days, September 2017 Challenge

Great Falls at Tinkers Creek is a part of the Bedford's Viaduct Park in the village of  Bedford, Ohio. It's a paved walk down to the falls in an urban area, where one can see the ruins of an old mill and dam. My husband and I love waterfalls and we were willing to do some research to find this one, as it is not well advertised. The waterfall was beautiful in the fall. 
I painted this from memory and then finally looked at our photos and found some changes that I wanted to make in the tree area. 




I made additional changes to the background tree area. This represents the hilly area across the gorge where the a significant amount of leaves had fallen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment