Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Portland Head Lighthouse

Portland Head Lighthouse   6 x 6    Pastel     ©Sheila Ashley Liston
SOLD


Portland Head Lighthouse....a favorite!


This is Day 3 of a self-challenge of painting 7 paintings in 7 days. There's more to follow.

My husband and I have visited this lighthouse before our trip last fall. It will always be on the itinerary for any future trips to Maine. I could spend hours there. Last fall these prolific wildflowers begged to be painted . I have painted this lighthouse focusing on the rocky cliff and the ocean waves. This time, I wanted to include those flowers. 

Late purple asters


This is the more common view that you may have seen before. I took over 50 photos that day and some will become paintings in the future. The first year that we were there, the Tall Ships were sailing by. What a sight!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment