Friday, August 18, 2017

Deer Isle

Deer Isle        8.5" x  11.5 "       Pastel          ©Sheila Ashley Liston
Available $165



Day 5 of my self-challenge of 7 paintings in 7 days.

 What I used to paint from, is the reference photo below, from our vacation trip last fall. In Maine, it seems that frequently there's another lovely roadside view, just waiting to be painted, everywhere we traveled. This was on Route 15A through Deer Isle, as we drove back from our stay at Stonington. I wanted to jump out of the car with pastels and easel in hand, however this was on private property. I had to be satisfied with a "drive by" photo from my cell phone.


I enjoyed painting this scene and I plan to do another larger painting in the near future with a similar view of rocks and water.


No comments:

Post a Comment