Monday, August 21, 2017

Curtis Island Light

Curtis Island Light      4 x 7    Pastel     ©Sheila Ashley Liston
Available $75


Day 6 of my 7 paintings in 7 days takes us to Curtis Island Light on a quiet fall evening....

Curtis Island Light marks the approach to the harbor of Camden, Maine.  The lighthouse is still an active US Coast Guard aid to navigation. I didn't need to go onto the island, as I was perfectly happy viewing it from a distance that explains its purpose since 1836. 

Curtis Island protects the Camden Harbor from the ocean storms. Camden is a lovely town on Penobscot Bay. I'm seeing a harbor painting coming soon from our many photos from our visit there.



There's nothing quite like having a personal tour guide who is my nephew. Michael, who lives in Camden, Maine is an artist also. We were quite spoiled by Michael, as he lead us to the non-tourist sights in the Blue Hill Peninsula area and around Camden.

No comments:

Post a Comment