Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Early Morning Beach Walk

Early Morning Beach Walk      8 x 10    Acrylic     ©Sheila Ashley Liston
Available $150


It's worth getting up at 6am at the beach!

I must confess I am not an early riser to say the least. We were staying at Myrtle Beach with our family. While they slept, I awoke at 5:50 am and thought that I might really be able to sneak out of the house without waking the household. That's a bit brave for me to go out alone in an unfamiliar place. Yet the sunrise was calling and I had to do it. I was rewarded with a breathtaking scene, worth every second of more sleep. One of God's light shows began to unfold before me. For me, it was a spiritual experience...a chance to be in the presence of my Creator.   

I knew that I would need to paint the experience many times. This is my interpretation in acrylic paint. It's impossible to record the whole experience in paint, but it does give me the opportunity to relive the experience. 

Have you had a similar experience?




No comments:

Post a Comment